The following is a brief overview to assist in helping make decisions in relation to potential referrals to Avondale MHC and whom can refer to us for assessment for placement.
Inclusions – who we can accommodate here at Avondale:
- Both males and females over the age of 18 years of age who have a primary mental health diagnosis.
- Individuals with complex mental healthcare needs, who has needs that require care and nursing support for acute or chronic conditions.
- Those on Care programme approach (CPA) or subject to a Community Treatment order (CTO).
- Those who require accommodation due to being included in the above for short to medium term respite or re-ablement, or long term permanent placement to maintain wellbeing.
- We can also accommodate bespoke rehabilitation or accommodation placements to help either prevent admission to or prolonged stay in acute hospital wards.
Exclusions – who we can’t accommodate at Avondale:
- Persons under 18 years of age.
- Individuals who have the primary diagnosis of the following:
- Brain injury
- Learning disability
- Eating disorder
- Chronic physical health needs or requiring oxygen therapy
- Substance misuse
- Those subject to a section under the Mental Health Act.
- Those requiring locked door or secure accommodation due to risk or behaviours